Jean Demchak is the global leader of Marsh’s Education Industry practice. She also manages the integration of Marsh McLennan business operations into the higher education and K-12 sectors – both public, private and for-profit.
Her responsibilities include managing and coordinating the firm’s resources, assisting the various local offices with emerging issues, designing and building products for not-for-profits, serving as liaison with the marketplace, developing and customizing specialized services to meet client needs. Jean serves as a resource to key professional organizations within the education community, as well as assists in identifying and responding to the emerging issues facing colleges and universities in the 21st Century. Jean’s leadership in establishing an integrated approach to serving the education industry brings in our resources across the firm with specialists in every business MMC represents. Her global reach into the various emerging needs of the education industry worldwide is the cornerstone of her focus.
As a professional in the brokerage community for over 34 years, Jean dedicated the last 29 years of her career to specialize in the education industry, especially focused on the development of risk retention groups and pooling programs, consortia programs, innovative product design and customization of coverage documents.
- Associates, Tomlinson College
- Bachelors of Science, University of Tennessee Chattanooga
- Masters of Business Administration, University of Connecticut
- United Educators Broker Advisory Committee
- University Risk Management and Insurance Association (URMIA):
- Board of Directors: 2009-2012
- Chair, URMIA Affiliates Committee; 2006-2009
- URMIA Task Force “International Fellow Program”
- URMIA Total Cost of Risk Task Force, two whitepapers, webinar and seminars
- Chair, URMIA Global Task Force, 2009-2011
- URMIA International Committee 2011-present
- Member, National Association of College & University Business Officers (NACUBO):
- Member of Editorial Advisory Board of the International Resource Center (IRC) for 2,500 members of NACUBO
- “Risk & Insurance” Education Power Broker from 2006-2010; “Responsibility Leader” 2010 designation for the higher education industry
- Faculty at the Stetson College of Law Higher Education Conference 2007-present, including a report on “Large Losses Driving Emerging Litigation in Higher Education”, “Changing Business Model – A Higher Education Reformation”, “Employment Litigation“ “Board Governance in Higher Education” and “Internationalization of Education”; Board Advisor to Stetson HE Law Center, Honorary co-chair of 2018 HE Law Conference; current faculty to present.
- State Risk & Insurance Management Association (STRIMA) as speaker and board advisor
- British Universities Finance Directors Group (BUFDG); speaker at Annual Conference on “Cyber Liability”, “Emerging Trends in Higher Education: Global-UK-US Perspectives”
- Speaker at the National Conference for Higher Education Insurance Managers in the U.K. on “Internationalization of Higher Education”
- Public Risk Management and Insurance Association (PRIMA) as speaker and board advisor
- Public Agency Risk Management Agency (PARMA) speaker on “Total Cost of Risk: A Model for Public Sector”